Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Alexis!


Yesterday Alexis turned 5! It's so crazy that 5 years have passed since I gave birth to her. I remember when she was born what a change it was. My whole world jumped onto a different track. I remember being so nervous at the hospital that someone was going to come in and yell at me for doing the wrong thing. I didn't really click that this was MY child, and I get to decide what to do with her!

So for her birthday yesterday we took her to Disneyland. I still feel a little guilty about keeping her out of school for that, but I guess it's ok once in a while. (And, hey, we saved $70 on her admission!) We all had so much fun. We ended up staying for Fantasmic, and I'm really glad we did, even though she was exhausted this morning.

The only character we really got to see was Goofy. We saw Donald and Mickey and Pluto when we first got there, but they were trying to go on their break. And then for Tigger and Pooh (which was who she wanted to see the most) you had to stand in this massive line, and at that point she was so hungry and tired we decided to skip it. But we found Goofy over in Toon Town, and she freaked out when she saw him! We got her to go over there finally, but then my shy girl wouldn't smile!

For the most part, we all had a blast. We got those 2-fer tickets, where you buy the admission and for free you get a ticket to the other park (Disneyland or California Adventure) to use in the next 29 days. I'm hoping I can talk Daniel into actually using them, but Mr Work-a-holic doesn't know if he can take a day off!

0 comments: