Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cookies, cookies, cookies!

Today I spent a large part of my day baking cookies!  I love this time of year, and love baking cookies (although I hate it at the same time).  Turns out it's even more crazy and messy when you have a 4 year old under foot!  I made Chocolate Cherry Rice Krispies Treats, spritz cookies, molasses cookies, and peanut butter cookies.  Sometime in the next 48 hours, I'll also be making oatmeal cookies (and I have the BEST recipe ever!), oatmeal scotchies, and those peanut butter ones with the Reese's PB Cups on top.  Yum! 
I found it absolutely hilarious, and rather fitting, that the ONLY thing that could draw Camille away from the excitement in the kitchen was when that old Christmas song came on-I'm Getting Nothing For Christmas.  You know, I'm gettin' nuttin' fer Christmas, cuz I ain't been nuttin but bad...Literally the second she heard it, she ran into the family room (where the music was playing) and peeked around the corner at the TV for the entire song!  It was so adorable.

Okay, just for the record, I cannot STAND the Simpsons, so I apologize that they are in this clip.  But it was the only real version of the song I could find!  Enjoy!

1 comments:

Rays-R-Us said...

Jen, Sugarland has a version of this song on their Christmas CD and I had never heard it before. When I heard it, I started laughing so hard and told Gracie it was her song. Now when she hears it, she says "That's my song, huh mommy!" LOL Also, she LOVES to help in the kitchen too. I can't cook anything in there without her helping me. It's fun!!