Monday, January 4, 2010

My reading list

I'm always on the lookout for a GREAT book to read.  I love to read, and think there is just a certain magic in books that can be found nowhere else on Earth.  Among my favorites are Harry Potter, Twilight (sorry, kinda cliche, I know), Eragon, and, of course, Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.  I love fantasy/scifi, although less scifi and more fantasy, romance (nothing smutty, though), and pretty much anything that's just a really good story that'll draw me in.  I recently read Animal Farm for the first time, and loved it, although it sort of scared me in a way.  And tonight I began Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick.  I've been trying to put together a reading list, and based on recommendations this is what I have.  I may or may not make it through these, but I will at least look at them at the bookstore, and read the first page or 2.  My general test to see whether or not I want to read it is if it can catch me in the first paragraph.  If not, it goes back on the shelf.
I'm really excited about Hush Hush.  I'm only 1 chapter in, but so far it is really good.  The Uglies sounds good as well (which is why I got it).  And I think the one I'm most excited for after these is The Book Thief.  That one sounds really interesting.  
If you have any recommendations for me, feel free to let me know!  Like I said, I'm always looking for a good read. 

0 comments: